There are many ways you can volunteer to help the Rees Foundation help care leavers.
We rely on your generous donations and volunteer work.
You might find it rewarding volunteering to help people less fortunate than yourself. Volunteers are essential for providing practical help, to supporting our project work and fundraising,
We’re currently looking for the following general volunteers:
- Carrying out research into new funding opportunities
- Helping to seek support for our services
- Organising fundraising events and collections.
Digital Fundraising Assistant
- Seeking opportunities to raise awareness of our Crowdfunders.
- Helping to seek opportunities for our opportunities page.
- Finding spaces online to promote our training resource.
- Find out what services are available to care leavers in your local area- we’ll use this to build our database of services so when someone calls us for advice we can signpost them in the best way possible.
- Help us connect with Local Authorities and care providers on social media- use our contact lists to connect our social media platforms with those organisations who work with children in care and care leavers.
- Find spaces online to promote our learning resource– Living With Strangers- Get to know the learning resource and find potential customers who would be interested, use our materials to offer them opportunities and offers to train their staff, carers and young people on issues relating to care experience.
- Seek services & opportunities for our opportunities Help make a list of opportunities we would like to make available to our care experienced network. Identify businesses or organisations who might be able to offer these opportunities and contribute to a plan for communications.
To support people with care experience by:
- Providing a welcoming and informative response to enquiries
- Supporting day-to-day systems in our office to ensure that all projects and work can be carried out effectively.
We’re also looking for volunteers to contribute to our project work, which will include assisting with our networking, signposting and mentoring projects.
“Volunteering for the Rees Foundation- using your experience and skills to help out- This has contributed to giving me a sense of worth, my views and expressions are heard as I’m given the opportunity to advocate for myself and others with care experience.”
Ready to volunteer?
The Rees Foundation team will stay in touch with you to prepare and support you with your volunteer role you choose to get involved with, we look forward to working with you!
If you’d like to volunteer for the Rees Foundation or could help us develop our services through any of these roles, or if you’d like to offer any support you can to help us deliver our services and develop our work, we’d love to hear from you.