Professional Panel Training
We’re recruiting care experienced people (i.e. Care Leavers aged 18 and above) to train them to become fostering/adoption panel members. We need care experienced panel members to work with Local Authorities and Independent Agencies to help make recommendations about potential Foster Carers and Adopters
We know that people with care experience can provide diverse perspectives, and make unique and valuable contributions to the process of approving foster carers and adopters.
The training and support we provide equips care experienced people with the skills required to take on the role of a panel member, whilst acknowledging the complexities of using personal experience in a professional setting.
Overview of Training Programme
- Purpose of panel
- Role of panel members
- Unique professional role of care experienced panel members
- Reading skills & highlighting issues
- Importance of reflection & self-development
Who can apply?
All adult (18+) care experienced people – with or without panel experience.
If you have a care experienced panel member already they will benefit from the support provisions and ongoing professional development.
There is an £80 fee to agencies wishing to support their care experienced panel members.
For more details please email ContactUs@ReesFoundation.org
- Developing excellence in practice model & raising standards
- Recruiting care experienced people to become panel members
- Specific & recognised training
- Ongoing support – buddy system & network
- Providing guidance to panels
- Managing a recognised central list of care experienced panel members
- Connecting panels with qualified care experienced people
Interested? If you are interested in training as a panel member or want further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org