Stepping Stone Grants
You can apply for a grant from Rees for anything which gets you out of a fix and helps you move towards your goals.
We will look at how a grant might help to make a new start or stick with what you’ve chosen to do. Our grants are small, and we can’t promise to help everyone who applies, but we will look at your application individually.
Please read all parts of this application carefully before you fill it in. It’s fine to get someone else to help you; it’s also fine to call and ask for advice before you complete your form.
Who can apply
Anyone from England or Wales who has been ‘looked after’ and has care experience.
Terms and Conditions
Your signed application form implies acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- Grants must be spent for the purpose for which they are agreed
- You may be required to produce reasonable evidence to show how you have spent the money
- You may be asked to help us collect information about how helpful the money was to you
- At the discretion of Rees, grants may be paid directly into a bank account nominated by you or directly to the provider of the service or goods you wish to purchase
- You should not enter into any agreement for the purchase of goods or services which rely on the payment of a grant until we have informed you that your application has been approved.
We don’t want to pry into your life, but we need enough information to make responsible decisions, and we do ask that you complete all sections as fully as possible, including telling us a little about your time in care, providing full details of your financial situation, and giving the names of two referees who can confirm your circumstances.
Please read the ‘Framework Document’ for more detail on what we will support, how decisions are made, and some guidance on completing this form.
How long will it take?
Applications will be processed quarterly (three monthly). We will endeavour to deal with urgent applications more promptly where possible.